Thursday 25 April 2013

Evaluation Question 3


 3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why? 


Midnight Releasing

'Midnight Releasing' is a company that distributes new horror movies mainly in North American Territory. They also distribute films of other genres such as thriller, and supernatural ghost story films, which is exactly what company I am looking for to distribute my film, a my film is of a horror/supernatural genre. 'Midnight Releasing' releases new films each month on DVD, VOD and more, which will benefit me, as this company will be able to distribute my film for me and making it available for people to view on DVD. 

Below is evidence given of what 'Midnight Releasing' does, which i have explained above. By 'Midnight Releasing' distributing my film, it will not only benefit me, but also the company, as they will make a percentage from the DVD sales made, so this company will distribute my movie, especially that my movie is of a supernatural/horror genre. 
















Below is a screenshot of "Midnight Releasing's" Facebook page. From this Facebook page we can see that "Midnight Releasing" advertises and promotes the films they are distributing on here. This is a good way of 'getting their films out there', as many people all over the world have a Facebook account, meaning they are able to log into their Facebook account and view any promotions and advertisements on the "Midnight Releasing's" Facebook page, for example trailers of films that they are distributing. This shows us that 'Midnight Releasing" uses different types of media and technologies to promote and advertise their films, which helps to attract more customers and increase the number of sales made. 

This would benefit me a lot, as they can advertise and promote my film on Facebook or any other sites to help attract consumers who might be interested in my film and make sales. This would benefit the company, as well as me, as my film will be distributed and the company will get a percentage of what I make out of the DVD sales. 

























On the left is a screenshot from "Midnight Releasing's" webpage. This screenshot shows us that they also advertise and promote their films on ITunes, which you are then able to download. This tells us that this is a successful company, as they have a wide range of advertising techniques such as convergent technology in order to attract as many customers as possible and help distribute films. This is why i would use this media institution to distribute my film, as they are able to target and attract a wide audience. They will be able to distribute my film by attracting audiences this way, as the more convergent technology they use, the better. 

Below is a screenshot of "Midnight Releasing's" Twitter page. This again shows that they are using convergent technology in order to advertise their films. This allows people to view information on their Twitter pages about any films that "Midnight Releasing" advertises, as well as watch trailers. This also helps to attract a wider audience, which is what will be good for my film, as by reaching a wider audience, my film will become 'more known'. 
























On the left is a screenshot of "Midnight Releasing's" YouTube page. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original-content creators and advertisers, large and small. This again shows that 'Midnight Releasing" is able to attract a wider audience through YouTube, as YouTube is the biggest online company where you can view and upload videos or films. You are also able to download full films on YouTube. This is a great convergent technology for distributing my film, which is why I think that "Midnight Releasing" would be the perfect company to distribute my film for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment